Carmine Red . Big Spec

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guardsred

Post by Guardsred »

It's a great buy! How come we never get such great used prices on the continent :(
2024 Macan T Carmine Red - incoming in April
2023 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo Volcano Grey

HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:20 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:53 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:11 am Its a demo alright. Two give aways are not available until a future date (has to remain on their demo plan for a certain period) and the car remains VAT qualifying which can only mean it has been previously used in the motor industry for 100% business use i.e. demo or loan car. Still a good discount if you don't mind hundreds of different drivers all giving it a thrashing in the knowledge it isn't their car.
Mine was ex demo/loan car 3500 miles & 4 months old, I've had it nearly a year now , no problems and no oil added.
Engine properly run in by "hundreds of different drivers all giving it a thrashing in the knowledge it isn't their car" ;)
I'm probably a bit old fashioned but like to take it easy for first couple of thousand miles when new, as recommended by manufacturer, and ensure it's always warmed up before giving it a boot full. Neither of which, I doubt, has been afforded to the average demo. If that don't bother you and/or you don't think it potentially harms the car- go for it. Each to their own.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

HertsMacan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:36 pm
Scooby_Doo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:53 pm
Mine was ex demo/loan car 3500 miles & 4 months old, I've had it nearly a year now , no problems and no oil added.
Engine properly run in by "hundreds of different drivers all giving it a thrashing in the knowledge it isn't their car" ;)
I'm probably a bit old fashioned but like to take it easy for first couple of thousand miles when new, as recommended by manufacturer, and ensure it's always warmed up before giving it a boot full. Neither of which, I doubt, has been afforded to the average demo. If that don't bother you and/or you don't think it potentially harms the car- go for it. Each to their own.
It’s not that black and white though is it. The truth is it won’t be “100’s” of demos but nearer dozens and hardly any of them will have found space or conditions to really extend the engine, and if they did, certainly not for long.
But even if the odd one did, these engines are built for it and you get the thick end of three years of new car warranty…
All in all, wouldn’t bother me in the least. What would bother me, is saving £11k plus £2k VED for effectively a brand new car 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
HertsMacan

Post by HertsMacan »

Jon A wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:48 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:36 pm
It’s not that black and white though is it. The truth is it won’t be “100’s” of demos but nearer dozens and hardly any of them will have found space or conditions to really extend the engine, and if they did, certainly not for long.
But even if the odd one did, these engines are built for it and you get the thick end of three years of new car warranty…
All in all, wouldn’t bother me in the least. What would bother me, is saving £11k plus £2k VED for effectively a brand new car 👍
What about an Ex Porsche experience car?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

HertsMacan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:20 am
Jon A wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:48 pm
HertsMacan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:36 pm I'm probably a bit old fashioned but like to take it easy for first couple of thousand miles when new, as recommended by manufacturer, and ensure it's always warmed up before giving it a boot full. Neither of which, I doubt, has been afforded to the average demo. If that don't bother you and/or you don't think it potentially harms the car- go for it. Each to their own.
What about an Ex Porsche experience car?
Ah! They'll be the ones with frozen rear washer pipes and blocked pano drains, wouldn't touch one with a barge pole ....... 🤔 ........ but then how would you know?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
crockers

Post by crockers »

Deja vue.
That’s the list price and the price I paid for mine. But mine was 2 months old with 720 miles on it. I think it was a no brainer to buy it. Still smiling 😎