Is the Macan GTS the perfect one car garage?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

we have a gen-3 GTS and a 2023 Golf-R performance, would rate the Golf R over the macan GTS for the following reasons;

purchase price of macan v Golf R performance.
eye watering servicing costs of macan V golf
Running costs of macan v Golf
Golf leaves the macan for dead on twisty B roads, where i do most of my driving.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

fabmacan wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:59 pm we have a gen-3 GTS and a 2023 Golf-R performance, would rate the Golf R over the macan GTS for the following reasons;

purchase price of macan v Golf R performance.
eye watering servicing costs of macan V golf
Running costs of macan v Golf
Golf leaves the macan for dead on twisty B roads, where i do most of my driving.
I can see that the R has the qualities in that it does well in the twisties.

Hardish ride is a downside.

Shame the interior is cheap plastic and at 30k miles the seats of the loaner I had looked like they had 10 years of wear.

One other issue with the R ……… maintaining ownership.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

we optioned the lovely leather interior, seems to be wearing well, yes the golf is harsh in R mode, OK in Sport, but the macan is almost undriveable in the sportiest setting on UK roads.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
IPKnightly2

Post by IPKnightly2 »

My wife has an Golf R (Mark 7.5) which I regularly drive… give me my S on any decent driving road as the Golf understeers horribly on the limit of traction due to front biased 4x4 system and wooden feedback plus doesn’t have the mid range punch of the V6….
I like the Golf as it’s a great fun go kart but my one garage car is definitely the Macan :D
2023 Macan S
crockers

Post by crockers »

I have a mk7 GTi PP. have had it now coming up to 8 years with 30k on clock. Regular oil changes etc and drives as good as new. Leather seats very comfortable and is great fun to whip round country lanes. The elec LSD on front does a great job. Light and fairly frugal. Now needs wheels refurbished and it will look as good as new.
Still not in same league as the S.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

I think the perfect garage car depends on your circumstances at the time.

At 19 in the summer of 1976 my MGB roadster was
the perfect car, owe for another summer like that! 😎

Fast forward to 2024 with 2G/ daughters ,2 dogs, weekly shop, golf clubs and trolley the Macan is ideal, my S is all I need🤞
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

One car garage is impossible!

Fun daily commute, family Holidays car - Macan...tick

Fun sunny weather take it for a blast, road trip, event/ meet up car - Lotus...tick

School run, kids Saturday morning sports, supermarket, train station, pub car - Audi A1...tick

For the above I could think of at least another 2 cars in each category I would love to have instead. I can't complain though!

On the vid posted by OP...May just be me but I can't hear a word they are saying!?
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160
fabmacan

Post by fabmacan »

The MK-8 golf R with performance package, front and rear smart diffs is an amazing car, half the price of the macan GTS, i do love driving the macan GTS, but in day to day driving the Golf is a package hard to beat.
2023 Macan GTS
Gulf Orange
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you can only have one car, the Macan is about as good as it gets!
I’m lucky enough to have two (three if we count Mrs A) so for load lugging, dogs, supermarket etc it’s the Sportage and for driving purely for pleasure it’s the 992. If the sun ever does come out, it’s roof down Boxster 😊
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0