Is the Macan GTS the perfect one car garage?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Would you guys somewhat agree with the question?
MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9

Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I’ve always thought a Golf GTi was the perfect one car garage
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Never mind the car - check the gaff! That's a beautiful property.

Anyway, it's the perfect 1 car garage for me. Perfect blend of performance, practicality, GT-ability. I love it.

Originally I wanted an RS4, but the thought of scraping the bottom of the car when we go mountain biking in the Highlands etc put me off that. Plus they get stolen far far too much....

The Macan GTS has the same performance but with just a bit extra ride height which means I don't have to worry getting to the trails, but still packs 450bhp and dynamic handling to keep up with almost any other performance vehicle.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Madelvic wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:09 pm I’ve always thought a Golf GTi was the perfect one car garage
Was ;)
MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
Odyssey

Post by Odyssey »

Plyphon wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:15 pm Never mind the car - check the gaff! That's a beautiful property.

Anyway, it's the perfect 1 car garage for me. Perfect blend of performance, practicality, GT-ability. I love it.

Originally I wanted an RS4, but the thought of scraping the bottom of the car when we go mountain biking in the Highlands etc put me off that. Plus they get stolen far far too much....

The Macan GTS has the same performance but with just a bit extra ride height which means I don't have to worry getting to the trails, but still packs 450bhp and dynamic handling to keep up with almost any other performance vehicle.
Yeah I wouldn’t mind that as a home :D . I only brought the car along.

You summarise it well, at this price point I’m not sure I would find an alternative.
MY24 Macan GTS

PRNP9DW9
Moriarty

Post by Moriarty »

I don’t know what would be a perfect one car garage, of the cars available today. I think it couldn’t be an SUV - they’re just too compromised for driving enjoyment - too heavy, too high, and no amount of horsepower will change that. If Porsche made something equivalent to the Macan but as a four door saloon weighing 1,600kg or less, then it would be a lot closer. Wouldn’t need to have the same power, just the same spaciousness, ergonomics and interior quality.

So I dunno. Maybe a BMW 3 or 5 series is close to the perfect one car garage. Or an Audi RS4 or 6 (although I’ve grown tired of Audi interiors). The Macan interior is much better than any of those, but it isn’t as fun to drive. Perfect would be a combination of these cars’ best features.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is no perfect one car for everyone.

We all have different needs and priorities.

My home has only had one car since 2006 and a Macan is simply the best choice for my needs.

It is comfortable, it rides well, its pretty quick, its built better than most, the interior is a quality place to be.

It does have downsides, rubbish overhead panel, front doors do not allow easy access for people with mobility issues, certain engineering aspects very questionable, weight, many extras should really be standard (SurCam, 14/18 way seats, ACC, spare, etc).

I see absolutely no need for a Taycan or Panamera, both offer 4 seats but they should not be low slung sports car wannabe’s, they should have a higher more saloon car seating height plus they are massive.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 am There is no perfect one car for everyone.

We all have different needs and priorities.

My home has only had one car since 2006 and a Macan is simply the best choice for my needs.
Spot on, Col! We agree on something!! :lol:

The perfect one car garage will vary hugely between individuals!

I have only ever been a one car household, with that one car varying from a Fiat Uno to a Volvo XC70.

Now that my children are grown up, my needs have changed and for six years my 911 Carrera T has been my perfect sole car!

Horses for courses and all that! 😎

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

I used to think my old 440i Gran Coupe was pretty close to being a perfect one-car garage and the Macan GTS was my chosen replacement instead of the new M440i xDrive Gran Coupe / Alpina B4 Gran Coupe because (a) the Macan is taller - the 4GC is very low, (b) I didn't like the buck-toothed front-end styling of the 2nd generation 4-series and (c) after 5 BMWs in a row, I fancied a change of brand!

Pros of my old BMW over the Porsche - much better-looking car (IMHO), being lower and slinkier with nice touches such as frameless doors, but with the practicality of the fastback bodyshell. Also sounded better (I had the MPerformance kit on mine and it sounded surprisingly like an old E46 M3 in the upper reaches of the rev range) and used considerably less fuel (8spd ZF plus witchcraft I think). Never once went wrong in six years of ownership (a first).

Pros of the Macan over the BMW - much nicer interior quality and materials (feels better made from nicer leather etc), easier to get in and out of, comfier seats, better handling, even faster, more spacious in the rear, ability to tackle rough tracks when needed without going to go at 1mph while wincing. Also better residuals.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

My perfect one car garage is a Dakar with rear seats. Just wish Porsche would make one
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)