Price increase

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Hi Yorkshire Mac - I am in a similar position, paid a deposit about 10 days ago to secure a May build for a new GTS but not yet locked down the specification; playing with the configurator tonight I noticed the £1700 price increase. I have been looking at a Carmine Red GTS and the price for that paint option has reduced by £700, so currently looking at about a £1000 increase in all. I've also noticed that some accessories, such as the boot liners no longer appear on the configurator. Frustrating but I suspect not a lot I can do as the spec is not yet locked down.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

DavidF wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 pm Hi Yorkshire Mac - I am in a similar position, paid a deposit about 10 days ago to secure a May build for a new GTS but not yet locked down the specification; playing with the configurator tonight I noticed the £1700 price increase. I have been looking at a Carmine Red GTS and the price for that paint option has reduced by £700, so currently looking at about a £1000 increase in all. I've also noticed that some accessories, such as the boot liners no longer appear on the configurator. Frustrating but I suspect not a lot I can do as the spec is not yet locked down.
Welcome to our friendly forum and good choice on the Carmine Red GTS!

Cheers,
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

DavidF wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:17 pm Hi Yorkshire Mac - I am in a similar position, paid a deposit about 10 days ago to secure a May build for a new GTS but not yet locked down the specification; playing with the configurator tonight I noticed the £1700 price increase. I have been looking at a Carmine Red GTS and the price for that paint option has reduced by £700, so currently looking at about a £1000 increase in all. I've also noticed that some accessories, such as the boot liners no longer appear on the configurator. Frustrating but I suspect not a lot I can do as the spec is not yet locked down.
Welcome to the forum

Accessories - such as the boot liner - can be bought online from Porsche so no need to add to your spec. A lot of accessories come up for sale secondhand too so this also opens up your possibility to save a few extra ££
I would suggest getting the car up to spec and sourcing the accessories online after trying to maybe negotiate with your OPC, e.g. mats, liner...
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Yep, I got 15% off accessories with my local OPC without really trying. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Crayon also included in the paint price reduction.

Re boot liner you can order from OPC and chances are you could get one cheaper than on configurator. See pic below, my local OPC offer at the mo…

IMG_0484.jpeg

Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

Thank you for all the helpful replies, particularly regarding the accessories. This is my first Porsche after owning a few Mercs. I’m almost ready to lock down the specification, just been waiting to see if my wife prefers the 14 way ‘comfort” or 18 way “sport” seats. She suffers from a rheumatoid condition, so may find the 14 way seats easier to deal with. Out of interest, I was offered a build slot for an electric Macan next February. However, I’m not yet ready to make that change, particularly as I live in South West Wales, where the charging network is still developing. I have family travelling down from Oxfordshire this weekend to visit, they have an electric Ford Mustang, it will be interesting to see how easy it is to charge locally, especially as there will a lot of bank holiday traffic heading to the Pembrokeshire Coast.
crockers

Post by crockers »

Slow moving traffic - queues etc are where EVs score well. Fast motion is when they suck down the electrons.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

DavidF wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am Thank you for all the helpful replies, particularly regarding the accessories. This is my first Porsche after owning a few Mercs. I’m almost ready to lock down the specification, just been waiting to see if my wife prefers the 14 way ‘comfort” or 18 way “sport” seats. She suffers from a rheumatoid condition, so may find the 14 way seats easier to deal with. Out of interest, I was offered a build slot for an electric Macan next February. However, I’m not yet ready to make that change, particularly as I live in South West Wales, where the charging network is still developing. I have family travelling down from Oxfordshire this weekend to visit, they have an electric Ford Mustang, it will be interesting to see how easy it is to charge locally, especially as there will a lot of bank holiday traffic heading to the Pembrokeshire Coast.
The charging network is still developing everywhere!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Yo Sushi

Post by Yo Sushi »

Do you long term owners think there will be another price increase this year?

My SE said price rises happen in July mostly, but that is clearly wrong, so should I mentally prepare for another rise as he told me an S delivery is October atm.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Only one price rise last year - end of March.