TPMS false warnings

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
harveyn

Post by harveyn »

Hi, I have a 2019 Macan S, with correctly inflated tyres. Often I get a warning that one or two tyres are 0.3 or 0.4 bar too low, yellow or red warnings. The pressure readings are still 2.0 front and 2.2 rear. I can normally clear it by selecting full load and then back to 21 Summer tyres, but not always. My local tyre place has said that the batteries are fine on each sensor. I have tried disconnecting the battery in case it resets things, but no luck. Any ideas, much appreciated? Thanks, Harvey

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Tyre pressures for normal load are 2.3 bar F and 2.5 bar R.

Screenshot_20240424_114932_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
slkporsche

Post by slkporsche »

I have exactly the same problem on my 718 Cayman. Having set the recommended pressure of 29psi all round and then check the auto infill data whenever the car is stationary on any journey I too get the yellow under inflated warnings of 3 to 4 psi at any temperature, and once had the red warning of -6 psi. When using the same digital pressure gauge and setting the recommended pressures on my wife’s Macan S of 33psi Front/36 psi Rear the auto infill data shows 0 difference in each tyre at any temperature.
I am taking my car to have the winter/summer tyres swapped around at the OPC next week and they will be investigating the TPMS problem as well. I will let you know what they find out. Cheers, John
Macan S Impulse Red Metallic (Hers)
718 Cayman Racing Yellow (His)
harveyn

Post by harveyn »

Many thanks for the solution Steve (SAC1). I had simply set the pressure too low all round and having inflated all 4 tyres the error has gone. I didn't think that it could be that as the errors only showed on one side of the car. Very grateful. Thanks
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Checked my tyres the other day before a long drive and the readings were all different to the pressures showing on the MyPorsche app. No warnings in the car though.

I inflated them to the full load pressures of 39 front and 42 rear. Now my app reports them as 42 and 44. So now I’m none the wiser, although I did wonder if the app is showing the pressure after a long and high speed drive when the pressures would have increased. Any ideas?
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Did you need to adopt the full load pressures? If you were / are driving in normal load conditions, then this could explain it. Try reducing the pressures back to the normal values.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Paul1970 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm Checked my tyres the other day before a long drive and the readings were all different to the pressures showing on the MyPorsche app. No warnings in the car though.

I inflated them to the full load pressures of 39 front and 42 rear. Now my app reports them as 42 and 44. So now I’m none the wiser, although I did wonder if the app is showing the pressure after a long and high speed drive when the pressures would have increased. Any ideas?
On the app or mfd , I would adjust from both not by pressures but on the fill info i.e whether showing plus or minus, if plus overinflated and reduce, opposite if showing minus i,e below. This info adjusts the shown pressures for the temperatures.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

harveyn wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm Many thanks for the solution Steve (SAC1). I had simply set the pressure too low all round and having inflated all 4 tyres the error has gone. I didn't think that it could be that as the errors only showed on one side of the car. Very grateful. Thanks
You said in your original post that you had 'correctly inflated tyres'.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

pmg wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:37 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:36 pm Checked my tyres the other day before a long drive and the readings were all different to the pressures showing on the MyPorsche app. No warnings in the car though.

On the app or mfd , I would adjust from both not by pressures but on the fill info i.e whether showing plus or minus, if plus overinflated and reduce, opposite if showing minus i,e below. This info adjusts the shown pressures for the temperatures.
Cheers. Will give that a go.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )