Crazy spec?

All your ordering information here!
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

You won't need winters in London

SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2

Macanmark

Post by Macanmark »

Awesome spec. Out of all the options you have ticked I find surround view the most useful. It makes the Macan much easier to park. I also love the adaptive cruise which over long journeys makes the drive a lot more relaxing. The countdown begins.
Macan Turbo picked up 23/5/2015. Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PFT7E1L8
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I've got lane keeping assist on mine. Not sure I like it very much. About 20% of the time, it tries to steer you the wrong way, and usually at complicated junctions or roadworks where you really need to pay attention. So it ends up being an unwelcome distraction.

The salesman was properly rating it though as a cool thing.

Lane change assist is ok though (warns of vehicle in blindspot).

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
johnd

Post by johnd »

But how prominent is this aspect of LCA: 'Issues an acoustic warning signal in the event of the vehicle straying unintentionally out of lane.'? Or do you go through a routine of turning this off each time the car is restarted?

Blind spot warning is handy (have it on my current Q3), but wouldn't want an audible warning each and every time I pulled gently into the 'overtaking' lane on a fast dual carriageway and then equally gently returned to one of the inner lanes.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Giz9

Post by Giz9 »

But how prominent is this aspect of LCA: 'Issues an acoustic warning signal in the event of the vehicle straying unintentionally out of lane.'? Or do you go through a routine of turning this off each time the car is restarted?

It is the lane departure warning that issues a beep. Standard on all models but can be switched off. Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) steers you back into the lane and is an option.

Blind spot warning is handy (have it on my current Q3), but wouldn't want an audible warning each and every time I pulled gently into the 'overtaking' lane on a fast dual carriageway and then equally gently returned to one of the inner lanes.

Lane Change Assist (LCA) is the blind spot warning. It doesn't make any sounds. It just flashes some lights on the door mirror as a warning. I like it.
Diesel S - Dark Blue/Luxor Beige. http://www.porsche-code.com/PFRFZG58
Deposit 9/4/2014
Locked down 6/3/2015
Built 12/5/2015. Delivered 2/6/2015