Red brake Calipers

All your ordering information here!
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I got a price from a couple of professional paint shops and £500 is not a lot off what they wanted. I decided to keep them as they were after a bit because I grew to like them, I also considered powder coating the wheels and left them for the same reason.

I have heard of the warranty issue before, but honestly believe it is bollocks. They may try to convince you it affects your warranty, but the EU ruled against this kind of crap years ago, that is why you can take your Porsche to any dealer with the right equipment and as long as they fit genuine Porsche parts (or parts of at least the same quality) then it is illegal for Porsche not to honour the warranty. To me the bigger issue is that it may hit your resale as many Porsche dealers may knock down your price come trade in time or shun you all together?

James

Retired

Post by Retired »

In order for Porsche to refuse a warranty claim they have to be able to argue that the modification you carried out could have some connection with the claim.

If you remap the engine to increase torque and there is a transmission problem then Porsche could argue that the remap caused it.

However, if you remap the engine and the windscreen wipers fail Porsche will sort the wipers under warranty.

Painting the calipers? Suppose if there is subsequently some brake related issue there might be some discussion, but if the alternator fails then they're going to fix it.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Painting the calipers? Suppose if there is subsequently some brake related issue there might be some discussion, but if the alternator fails then they're going to fix it.

Depends on what colour you paint them.

/joking LOL
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
jonmacan

Post by jonmacan »

Regardless of cost and whether you prefer the colour, I personally don't think that the line should be blurred between distinguishing marks of models.

red = turbo

SB

I kind of agree. It's like putting a turbo badge on a diesel. 

On the other hand, red means you couldn't afford carbon ceramics, so ....

Hell, Macan's as much a fashion thing as anything else. Go for what you like :)
would of liked ceramic brakes but couldn't abide the stupid colour of calipers and the possibility of damage to a rotor by simply changing a wheel on the side of the road etc..
They are super fragile..even my OPC couldn't put my winter wheels on the right way around so I wouldn't be confident with them working near them.. lots of friends on track have reverted back to steel brakes for reliability issues with carbon ceramic rotors..jonmacan2015-10-18 00:28:39
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGj3NIA8 spec.