Macan GTS ordered!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
sharper

Post by sharper »

Hi Everyone!

Placed an order for Macan GTS on Saturday. Currently its PHLXK177 but I was wondering about adding Porsche Connect Plus? Anyone have views on it? .....

...and I am hoping the Black/Garnet Red seats are as the description not as the picture - that is, centre panel of seat and seat back only are red, rather than the whole seat. OPC weren't able to cast any light on the subject other than to say that GTS have their own set of 'themed' interior options.

Oh well, still plenty of time to change my mind before I have to firm-up on spec I guess....

Incidentally, my local OPC was quoting me 2017 for delivery - they have 12 orders for GTS already!

I rang round 3 others.....they were all pretty honest and all said the same, that is they only have allocations for Q1 2016 currently and will know their allocations for Q2 onwards in late December / early Jan.

Found an OPC with only 1 other GTS on order (or so he said!). He was confident he could get me one for September 2016 or maybe even earlier.... obviously, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.... but he seemed genuine. Will keep occasionally nagging until I get a clearer answer and/or a stronger signal from my BS detector.

Moving down from a Cayenne but up in performance (diesel to petrol).

GTS picked up on 22nd April 2016 :-)

bompey

Post by bompey »

If you're getting a GTS I would get the GTS themed interior rather than the black/garnet seats. Look on the website for photos as it does look much better.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Lexi

Post by Lexi »

I'm going for the garnet seats too. We have the interior pack on our Cayman GTS and although it looks great I don't think its value for money on the Macan. On the Cayman you get carbon, seat belts and stitching whereas the Macan seems to be just seat belts and stitching.
GTS - Build Completion date 3rd June - Was stranded in Leipzig - Now at OPC waiting 1 Sept pick up    http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCHDZ33
sharper

Post by sharper »

I know what bompey means - the GTS themed interior does look better, but:

a) I agree with Lexi its not very good value for money.

b) I was warned off a full leather interior by my local OPC who said that leather on the door cards tends to get scuffed (even ripped) unless you are v careful. He said he had 2 customers complainng of this with Macans.

I do have a tendency to use my foot to push open the door if I am getting out carrying stuff.. I'd be careful initially but no doubt would lapse.....After all, it is an SUV so shoud cope with a bit of robust use?

I am hoping that ther are more options by the time I come to firm up on the spec.

Noticed you both have gone for 8-way adjustable with memory option .... think maybe I'll follow suit, save a bit of money on the seats and use that to upgrade the interior leather if I have to.

GTS picked up on 22nd April 2016 :-)
Roy

Post by Roy »

I had redblack (partial leather) on first Macan and was really happy with it (got alot of compliments), i went partial due to young kids would not treat full leather with care. As you stated the door cards get abit of abuse when exitingaccidential kicks and would damage leather long term.

Also trying to understand why the GTS theme interior is so expensiove compared to the other GTS car ranges....technically if you break it down:

Full Black Leather with Red stitching or grey

RedGrey Rev dial

RedGrey belts

Thats it and yeah it's exclusive to GTS only for £2598

If you went full Black LeatherRed DialsRed Seat Belts you would be paying £1715 so an extra £883 you can have full GTS theme.

Right now I'm going for same redblack partial leather again on GTS to save costs and I'm bored of full black leather interiors now, unless there is a contrast (GTS Theme does have a good contrastwow factor when you see it)....but seriously £2.5K? I can have panoboseconnect + for same.

Decisions decisions...
Roy2015-11-25 10:25:01
SD - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH4YFGK7 Collected 1st March - Sold

GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PH6EC8N2 Collected 1st June 2016 - Sold
spook

Post by spook »

Incidentally, my local OPC was quoting me 2017 for delivery - they have 12 orders for GTS already!

Congrats, Shame I can't what any longer !!

Make sure it'd delivered before 1st April 2017 else you will be hit with the massive hike in VED .

spook2015-11-25 11:09:41
911 C2 Pickup 14th April 2018 :D :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJN1HBF2
Pensioner Petrol S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMKHZF4 - Deposit place 11/11/14 - Pick up 09/05/16 - SOLD 30/08/17 :-(
Mcanny

Post by Mcanny »

GTS interior expensive but still had to go for it!
www.porsche-code.com/PG7L9Qc5 sold 24th March 2016

GTS ordered 9th November 15, May 16 build, May 24th delivered www.porsche-code.com/PH62SLM5
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

I'd like to have black partial leather with silver contrast stitch and silver seatbelts. It looked the biz on the 991GTS. But £3k, nah!
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!