Debadging... Again

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I know de-badging been covered to death before, but this is really a question as to why Porsche constantly do things that will polarise peoples opinion in a totally pointless way.

Here's what i mean. I will be getting a Diesel as I do nearly 1.4 billion miles a year so a Petrol Macan makes no sense (i have another toy to satisfy the petrol urge). I will be de-badging this one - not because I care if people know its a diesel (couldn't care less), but simply because the wazzock who thought it looked good that having that stuck to the front wings was a complete... well... wazzock. Leave the Macan S bit alone - sticking Diesel on the side adds no value at all.

It is not limited to the Macan - I also looked at the cayenne plug in hybrid (which wallowed around like a hippo at a birthday party - so i didn't go for it)... How did Porsche decide to ruin this one???? Make the surrounds of the badges bright green.... oh yes, and the bright day-glow green brake callipers. Now the car doesn't look good in ANY colour unless you want it to be at home in an 1980's neon disco.

WHY OH WHY do they keep doing this? Can't even do anything about the Cayenne as you aren't allowed to debadge it!

Result - lots of threads of people on forum's like this one with people who are spending more that my first house on a car and they can't get it without some pointless idiosyncrasy dreamt up by a pimply 12 year old in an office with no windows.

Phew. Blatantly unjustified and clearly unnecessary rant over. Well. I feel better. Smile

Received Sept 2016: http://www.porsche-code.com/PH26ULU8

Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

Get off that fence and tell us what you really think Smile
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Paul

Post by Paul »

Whoa....glass of Malbec called for on a feisty Friday!
As an alternative, leave the factory badging on the boot and remove the dirt trap diesel wing badges with some dental floss.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ger

Post by Ger »

Are Porsche debadging it for you, or are you doing it with a hair dryer and dental floss?
Retired

Post by Retired »

I've got a new Turbo coming in a few months which I'm going to debadge.

Why?

Two reasons

(1) 'Turbo' is the sort of thing teenage boys stick on their go faster Corsas and the like

(2) Stealth, doesn't attract said teenagers to want to engage in a drag race (which they lose anyway)

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Your OPC will probably debadge the bits you don't like.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'll get the dealer to do it for me. It is more that we are discussing whether to get a hair dryer and some dental floss out at all that I find irritating. I'm sure i'll get over it Wink

I am feeling calmer now - the therapeutic rant above and a large glass of end-of-week wine has helped Big smile

Received Sept 2016: http://www.porsche-code.com/PH26ULU8
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

I have debadged many cars and the Macan is the latest. I think the rear is too fussy with the PORSCHE in one font and Macan Turbo in another. Christ has anyone seen the rear of the Carrera 4 GTS fully badged, it's awful.

Also had a Mercedes C63 which I debadged to be a little more discrete. My last BMW 335D was plastered with little 'M' badges on the wings which was just sad so they went - I laugh at M badges on non-M cars. I counted something like 11 M badges on it inside and out, lovely car but not an M3.

Nobody every asked why the C63 was debadged because it made plenty of noise and had about 64 tailpipes, but everyone asked why my diesel Mercedes CLS was debadged as if I was trying to up sell it. Answer was simple, it looked cleaner and clutter free...

I am with the OP, less is more.

S
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Ger

Post by Ger »

Whilst we are sort of on the subject of being able to get the Macan how we want it, I still find it frustrating that the car has the ability to 'automatically' fold the wing mirrors on locking (instead of having to keep the key fob pressed, and so slightly closing the sun blind each time ), but we are not allowed this option/function in the UK!? . And when are they going to get the steering wheel assignment button to be able to select sport/sport plus? Sorry, going back over very old ground. I blame jimbo
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Steering wheel assignment button - I really must read the manual!
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2