Off Road Button(s)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
coulsda2

Post by coulsda2 »

I understand the concern with wide tyres on the snow. The dealer threw in snow tyres on 18" standard alloys on the basis that the narrower tyres would perform better. So I have 20 for summer and 18 for winter.

AJKOK1

Post by AJKOK1 »

I understand the concern with wide tyres on the snow. The dealer threw in snow tyres on 18" standard alloys on the basis that the narrower tyres would perform better. So I have 20 for summer and 18 for winter.

That's a good bonus to throw in on the deal. I'm hoping I might get a key ring out of my OPC at best.
VG Macan Turbo with exterior Turbo Pack. Delivered April 16.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHF33UI3
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

That was a good deal coulsda2, may discuss that one with my dealer. My expectation was nearer AJKOK1's, I was going to ask for a rear number plate for my bike rack LOL.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

..........also 255mm rear tyre are not exactly narrow, but I think
it is widely acknowledged winter tyres will give vastly more grip in low
temperatures, a big safety benefit as it works for stopping as well as going.

Apropos nothing: it is a little like options you have not had; don't see the
need until you have benefited from them, in my case Xeon's I consider an
essential benefit.

991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
pthwaite

Post by pthwaite »

Fergie,
I eventually chose the 18" wheels as less likely damage but did consider the 19" as probably not a great deal of difference.
I hose the PASM but not air as it wasn't the ride height I wanted as I've retired now and no longer go up the mountains in it like the jeep used to. However very rough farm tracks and forests it copes well wit. Certainly wouldn't have liked > 19"wheels.
The PASM just makes it nicer to drive on the road and it generally sits in Sport unless I choose some nice windy roads to have fun on. Comfort for any "off-Road" and speed bumps and very potholed roads though.