New GTS Ordered

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Macandriver

Post by Macandriver »

I'm not sure what the problem is with the SD wheels. I've specced them on my S and prefer them to spyders. Each to their own I guess..... Spec what you like as you're the one who has to live with it.
Porsche code http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDZWZV6
Petrol S deposit 17 Oct 2015: Lockdown 6 Jun 2016: Collected 14 Oct 2016

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nothing at all wrong with the SD wheels!

Just commenting that it's unusual to see a GTS with them and that maybe they take away some of the GTS-ness...

They are a lovely wheel though and will look fab on your Mscan S
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
steve w

Post by steve w »

+1
Agree the SD wheels would detract from the GTS theme,IMO the SD wheels suit the Diesel/Petrol S variants but as they are a bright silver colour,think the bright coloured window surrounds and roof rails complement them better than the black window surrounds and black roof rails.
SteveW
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Although I have had all season tyres on my first and second diesels and have specced again on my next dà­esel if I were getting a GTS I would spec summer tyres for the ultimate GTS performance attributes. If the GTS is not to be driven in anger I personally cannot see the point of spending £65k on a GTS when £54 to £56k would give a very nice dà­esel or petrol S. For residuals it makes more sense also to keep to the GTS look.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Syncrolark

Post by Syncrolark »

Thank you for the feedback and observations.

The wheels are giving me the biggest headache!

I agree about the GTS'ness of it. With so many black accents on a Dark grey car the black is the obvious choice here but If Im honest I may be trying to break that a little for something a touch less aggressive.

I like the car in Carrera white too but someone else important doesn't Smile

Also been told to act my age by Junior!

There is so little choice here for wheels/tires its the one area that falls short.

I do't want to re-spec trims in ally so may just bite the bullet with black wheels, standard black side blades and roof rails. Can always change the wheels later I suppose!
Final Code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJFXH83
mcnallys

Post by mcnallys »

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Thank you for the feedback and observations.</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">The wheels are giving me the biggest headache!</span><div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">I agree about the GTS'ness of it. With so many black accents on a Dark grey car the black is the obvious choice here but If Im honest I may be trying to break that a little for something a touch less aggressive.
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">I like the car in Carrera white too but someone else important doesn't Smile 
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">Also been told to act my age by Junior!
<div style="line-height:
16.8px;">
<div style="line-height: 16.8px;">There is so little choice here for wheels/tires its the one area that falls short.