New GTS Ordered

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Wow, well done and congrats! Lady Luck seems to be smiling on you!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Syncrolark

Post by Syncrolark »

I have asked for something more than the salesmans 'puff' on this so he sent me the screen dump.

Pinching myself. :-)
Final Code:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHJFXH83
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I would be very surprised if they had extra GTS build slots, more likely there was a cancellation and those below on the list did get the chance to be asked if they were interested in bringing their build forward as you rang.
Right time, right telephone call.
Enjoy
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Fcuk loyalty, my OPC thought they were doing me a favour 'allowing me' to have a car I ordered. Next time, gonna call around, not they way I roll, but it's all about the 'now' these days. Fcuk everyone...
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Syncrolark

Post by Syncrolark »

Sorry if my good fortune has upset you Triple7.

My local OPC simply said 8-12 months, no guarantees. They did not make me feel they were particularly bothered whether they sold me a car or not. I guess that is what comes from having more customers than cars; but it does lead to an attitude that certainly put me off.

I needed a car quicker so went after an alternative approved used car with the idea of trading it in once the GTS turned up. I made one call to this this dealer who on hearing my problem said they were able to get me a GTS by October. They also offered me a Diesel S on a reasonable and fixed depreciation as a stop gap if i wanted it. A world of difference to my local who said £5-600 per month for as long as it takes.

I fully understand the frustrations though!

Syncrolark2016-06-18 10:14:57
Final Code:

Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Nah, I'm just jesting. Should have put some smilies in. 😁

But it pays to create your own luck.

Pics when you get it!Triple72016-06-19 20:53:46
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Syncrolark

Post by Syncrolark »

Went to the Porsche experience centre this morning and had an absolute blast !

I drove their Carmine Red GTS with an excellent instructor by the name of Mark. Even let the good lady out for an hour and i'm happy to report she approves!

Car was everything and more than I expected. Having tried the SD and the 2.0S which were both lovely in their own way; the GTS performance; noise, and 'feel' is another dimension. I also think the cars appearance is improved by being lower.

Had no time to go out on the public road but the instructor assured me the car would purr like a kitten on long haul trips, I just think it will take a while to tire of buzzing that sports exhaust.

Apart from the opportunity to try the car; the driving experience, guidance and insights you get on all the various surfaces is worth the trip alone and very reassuring. 0-60 in 6!, 60-0 in 3s! Food was good too!

The car they have was a little light on options I thought; they could not provide a car with air suspension to compare today; it did not have sports Chrono and it was on 21" wheels which I am not selecting.

My lock down is looming and Im still torn between midnight Blue and Volcano Grey! At the moment I am at PHM8W657 but will add the smoker pack to fix the missing tooth in the consul :-)

If i'm being ultra critical I dont think the alcantara will wear well over the long term. Im sure my brother had a car with alcantara in it and it got very grubby and shiny so its all leather for me because we tend to keep cars for 7-10 years so far.

I also think the control pod in the roof that does the sunroof and lights feels a little tacky in comparison to the rest of the car but thats just being picky.

Other than that, bring on September.
Final Code:

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Your spec looks stunning.

Literally my only add to your spec would be a heated steering wheel at 175 notes, I would rather have that than heated seats so much do I like mine

Great choice of wheels btw but air suspension you will love that another great inclusion

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
steve w

Post by steve w »

Syncrolark
Nice spec,not a lover of the entry system or the wheels you've chosen with VG,
Not sure either about comfort seats in a GTS the standard GTS sports seats are brilliant but if you're needing the lumber support if you got back issues I'd look at the 18 way ,I have the GTS interior with full leather and silver stiching posted some photos tonight it's stunning.
StrveW
steve_acp

Post by steve_acp »

Hi syncroclark, I had a Cayman with the alcantata seat panels for 7years, and 47000 miles, and there was absolutely no wear. It's top quality stuff in the Porsche. I wouldn't hesitate if you like it.
Current Macan Diesel S Jet Black / Spiders
GTS due mid July
www.porsche-code.com/PHUAEN92