New Macan S Diesel

Classifieds section for all Macan Owners.
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

You have got to remember that we are enthusiasts on here and picky about what options we have. There are however plenty of customers who just want a Macan and so long as it's a colour they like they will buy it.

+1 Thumbs Up
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I would consider the delay aspects and Pauls comments especially if a credit card was used as part payment! At least they will get your attention.
steve w

Post by steve w »

Tricky one as the OPC know you wanted to cancel your order and are now you're looking at any excuse to get out of the deal,there must be a reason why they won't cancel your order when there's still a long waiting list for the Macan ?.

SteveW
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

A £50k Macan is a basic spec but it does have some essential must have extras, as a guide a typical Macan SD is specd to £55-60k

Really? Are we still using terms like "essential" and "must have?" Have we learned nothing?

Have you driven a sub £50k Macan?

One with 21" wheels, 8 way seats and no PASM

I have, it sucked

Hence minimum must haves are decent seats, xenons and PASM

Anything else is either essential or bling
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Everyone is entitled to his / her opinion.......but it is just that; an opinion...not the definitive truth as it sometimes presented on here.

There are many " basic," " poverty spec" cars on the roads and their owners are perfectly happy.

Those who aspire to own a Porsche may be stretching their budgets, or may simply choose to spend their money elsewhere.

Porsche offer a £46000 Macan, would it genuinely be on sale with the Porsche badge if they weren't confident in the package?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Everyone is entitled to his / her opinion.......but it is just that; an opinion...not the definitive truth as it sometimes presented on here.

There are many " basic," " poverty spec" cars on the roads and their owners are perfectly happy.

Those who aspire to own a Porsche may be stretching their budgets, or may simply choose to spend their money elsewhere.

Porsche offer a £46000 Macan, would it genuinely be on sale with the Porsche badge if they weren't confident in the package?

True

But

Is there anyone on their second Macan who has specified Macan number 2 without the extras I consider Must Haves ?

To me its a case of advising the newbie not to make a mistake in missing the very extras that make a basic Macan a much more desirable car to own and drive.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

+1
Words of wisdom here
Personally i think this pasm is being pushed a bit too much, i'm fine with "i recommend it" but more and more sounds like if you don't have it "your car sucks". I understand where the enthusiasts are coming from but most of them seem to have big budgets, tons of options, and racedriving experience. Good read but not everyone is or have the means to be and newbies coming here for advice don't necessarily want to hear their car will suck or it s just bling after spending their hard earned 50k on an amazing porsche.
Personally i test drove a macan with 21" and no pasm and it was F-I-N-E fine. If your budget is tight maybe the secret is to NOT test a macan with all the options so you don't feel sorry for what you're missing. Just another opinion :)
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
Neil99

Post by Neil99 »

Just to restate the spec of the car i have on order

Macan SD
Midnight blue
14 way seat package heated front seats
PASM
Sat Nav
Interior light package
18in standard wheel full colour centres
Standard black interior
75 Litre tank

Everything you need and nothing you dont

I ran out of budget anyway but why do so many want big uncomfortable wheels/tyres.
Any takers? - delivery mid August, or september if you want the new plate. Prices sure to rise with weaker £

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Need....thats a personal view

If the spec works for you that is all that matters.

You will have seen that members who have them report that the standard lights are that they are poor but if you choose not to take the advice to fit xenons then that is your choice.

PASM and 18" wheels will give a very good ride but the handling will be compromised to a degree but does that really matter, no.

Wheel size makes a difference to handling and arguably looks better, more sporting, but more road noise, its like everything its a trade off

If your budget can stretch a little, please do not forget a spare wheel, you would not want an unrepairable flat on a Saturday night would you?
Col
Macan Turbo
steve w

Post by steve w »

Macan 1 had 21in with PASM,ride was o/k except on really uneven roads where it became very Choppy,would think 21in with standard steel suspension the ride must be like a go- cart, Macan 2 GTS with 21in having AIR/PASM.
SteveW