Real time traffic

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
LLL

Post by LLL »

This advertised update is ONLY for MY15 and MY16 - Old PCM. This has Nothing to do with Connect/Connect+ on MY17 cars.

@WingCo - What you have in your car is the standard TMC/TMC Pro that indicate some road works or similar, but it is seldomly (unfortunately) very accurate info and only valuable for long term roadworks for instance. It is not updated in real time like the "online services" are. TMC is via the Radio data network.

Here is the info directly from Porsche about the offered online services available via Tequipment for MY15/16:

Subsequent installation of real-time traffic information

Real-time traffic information allows the current traffic density to be displayed in colour on the map shown in the PCM and improved dynamic route calculation compared to TMC/TMC Pro thanks to the use of additional real-time data sources. Real-time traffic information is received via your iOS® or Android® smartphone with the "Aha Radio app" (available free-of-charge from Apple iTunes® and GOOGLE® Play). Incl. road map update for your navigation system to the current data version (model year 2016). Please note: only in conjunction with mobile-phone preparation or telephone module for Android® devices. Available for vehicles with PCM as of 11/2012.

Please note: real-time traffic information is only available in selected European countries. User rights for real-time traffic information for at least 36 months from activation of the service in the vehicle without additional usage charges. The use of the online services can vary. The online services always require a mobile phone contract with data option and mobile phone network coverage. Use results in additional costs (fees and billing in accordance with personal mobile phone contract; a mobile phone contract with flat rate for data is recommended due to the high volume of data). Contact your Porsche Partner for further information.

Luke2016-06-30 17:53:05

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

@WingCo - What you have in your car is the standard TMC/TMC Pro that indicate some road works or similar, but it is seldomly (unfortunately) very accurate info and only valuable for long term roadworks for instance. It is not updated in real time like the "online services" are. TMC is via the Radio data network.

Thanks, Luke. The font of all knowledge as usual! Thumbs Up
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Gary2138

Post by Gary2138 »

Please excuse me if I've missed a post, but has anyone added this update to their vehicle and if so does it work as expected ?
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

In my case the red line appeared as we approached the hold up and disappeared as the road cleared (in real time) so very helpful. Still not sure how it worked though (MY2017 S)!
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Like to hear from people s opinion whether it is worth paying £488 to upgrade the my15 pcm navi with real time traffic information plus a map update.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
wizard

Post by wizard »

I have it.

It's a useful option for pre PCM4 cars. It does need the phone connected mind to work, but provides the green/amber/red lines on your route and re-calculates the route based on traffic. The option has been available for about a year now, I upgraded mine in May last year.

Oddly, if you'd don't have the latest maps 04/15 then the real time traffic update which include the latest maps is cheaper.....

wizard2017-03-25 06:21:05
Delivered May 2015

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF14VLL5
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Thanks Wizard,

Is the traffic info accurate and well covered in the uk?

Some old posts on this forum suggested that it only worked well in south east UK.

Ben
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

I endorse Luke's comment on TCM it is particularly useless it has shown M5 closed when open for some time. So I usually consult Google first if I am worried, you need a co driver to do it on journey
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

I used it for the first time on Thursday. It was very accurate and even showed traffic slow going into Stansted airport (additional security checks). Not that it could of diverted me of course but it was upto date and accurate.
I did not have my photos be connected but I do have a SIM card in the car.

I see me using this more and more but I am only just working it all out.

It's certainly worth it imo. Work out the cost based on how long you will keep the car and it's not too bad Kasfranks992017-03-25 09:02:39
GTS 😀
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Kasfranks99, is yours PCM3.1 with real time traffic information as I think connecting the phone to PCM is a must for 3.1

Maybe PCM4 has a different source of RTTI that it's a lot more accurate?
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue