Bit the bullet and went for it!

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Looks great, especially under 60k! Maybe spare wheel for peace of mind (and it's cheap) and PCM for resale purpose. I think you need connect+ for proper google earth functionality. See following thread:

MacFresh2016-07-05 14:58:05
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome
I think your spec is about the lightest loaded GTS we have had.
When you go to the Silverstone PEC you will be able to check out the performance and handling options better and can refine your spec to suit.
Look up prior threads on PEC to get a flavour of what you can expect, it will probably be late Sept of Oct when a GTS will be available for you to drive there.
In the meantime do take other Macans out on test drives to get a feel for the different combinations that are available.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
LondonTed

Post by LondonTed »

I originally specced just Connect as I planned to simply use my iPhone. However, in the end I ended speccing PCM and Connect+, as I found out that to use the full iPhone functionality you need Connect+ and to have Connect+ you need PCM! If I recall correctly, the cost was £1,431 more than just Connect.
I have justified it by persuading myself that a) I will get the full functionality of my iPhone via Carplay; b) I "future proof" the car; and c) it will make the car easier to sel (if I decide to keep the car for less time than I currently plan, i.e. 5+ years)...
Porsche Code: PHP82Q77
Collected 04.09.2016!
V Happy Boy!

Post by V Happy Boy! »

I must just be a tight Northerner Col Lamb

Your all talking me round with the SC and it's a good point re the investment for resale and the Nav package with con+ ......... Looks like I'm going to have to score some further brownie points with the Love of my life!!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHL8DGT0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Well, good luck with that...!!! Wink Heart LOL Thumbs Up
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Major Hazard

Post by Major Hazard »

Welcome to the Forum!

I had the benefit of 6 months input from the Forum members for my GTS and went from £60k to £68k! I think a GTS absolutely works at below £60k so stick to your guns!

Having said that and with the benefit of ownership, there are two options that absolutely make the GTS that I would certainly spec again.....

1) LED Headlights - Absolute bargain and really makes a difference to night time driving

2) Sports Chrono - Sooooo much BS spoken about this at the PEC and written on this forum, It's not about the clock or launch control, or the lap timer, or g meter etc. its about the Sports Plus button and the fact it completely changes the characteristics of the car. Yep, no use on the M25, but fantastic when you are having a B -Road blast. And I don't mean it may feel like a different car -It IS a different car! Would be interesting to hear from someone who specced Sports Chrono on their GTS and regretted it.

Ditch the privacy glass and Connect Plus and add LED & SC and you will really boost your driving pleasure!
GTS Landed 16th June 2016

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHY59YF6
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I must just be a tight Northerner Col Lamb
Your all talking me round with the SC and it's a good point re the investment for resale and the Nav package with con+ ......... Looks like I'm going to have to score some further brownie points with the Love of my life!!!

Being tight goes with the territory, spare a thought for me, a Lancastrian by birth with Yorkshire blood going back over 800 years so I have no chance of being anything else.
I know others will disagree but the list price of any Macan plus extras in the summated total range of £8k-12K will give a great balance between comfort, handling, looks, performance and offer probably the best residual value if that is important to you.
As it happens I spec'd a GTS then found that a Turbo was £5k more, so went with that, then added another £2k in extras, but no more now lockdown in 10 days.

Col Lamb2016-07-05 18:22:23
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ayetony

Post by ayetony »

HI Major H

Congrats on getting you car - your spec looks great, very similar to mine - expected early september;PHTC8XP5

I am toying with the idea of ditching the air suspension, for 2 reasons;
1 The car sits lower without it (15mm vs 10mm lower than standard Macan)
2 Forum people say that the steel springs offer better driving feedback

What do you think of the air suspension?

Many thanks

Ayetony
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Air will be lower compared to steel on any spec car.
Don't know about driver feedback (I've not compared like for like), but air is far from numb.
Air does self-levelling which makes a difference if you have people/stuff in the back. Does make a difference to ride/handling.

Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
LLL

Post by LLL »

HI Major H

Congrats on getting you car - your spec looks great, very similar to mine - expected early september;PHTC8XP5

I am toying with the idea of ditching the air suspension, for 2 reasons;
1 The car sits lower without it (15mm vs 10mm lower than standard Macan)
2 Forum people say that the steel springs offer better driving feedback

What do you think of the air suspension?

Many thanks

Ayetony

1. WRONG. GTS with Air sits 5mm lower in Normal mode than GTS with steel. In AS Low GTS will sit -15mm compared to GTS Steel.
2. Reference? I had Air on my GTS and it gave very good feedback. AS gives lower center of gravity (see 1.) and PASM is still part of the AS setup. AS offers you both a more compliant suspension and when in the stiffest setting it is very dynamic.

I would def. go with the AS. Looks better also with the lower stance :)