GEARBOX PROBLEM

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Yesterday while reversing into a parking space suddenly car wouldn't move and no engine revs then a message " two cogs symbol, gearbox problem or fault, no rev gear, forward poss " so started to move forward but 1st gear being held then changed to 3rd gear but no further, thought of stopping and turning off engine but didn't in case car wouldn't start so limped home which fortunately was only a couple of miles away.
Once home stopped car, restarted and all seems to be well.
Anyone else had this problem.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2

steve w

Post by steve w »

I'd contact your OPC and see what they say!think the fault will be recorded on the vehicles system but not heard of that before.
SteveW
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If anyone has a fault showing on the display use your phone to take images and a video.

I had a fault on my Jag that caused it to go into limp home mode and it scrolled through different icons, the dealer could not see the fault on the system history but the images and video helped them.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Andyglos

Post by Andyglos »

If anyone has a fault showing on the display use your phone to take images and a video.

I had a fault on my Jag that caused it to go into limp home mode and it scrolled through different icons, the dealer could not see the fault on the system

history but the images and video helped them.

+1 for the above. I had an intermittent problem with my 997 when starting it. Dealer couldn't find a fault or replicate the problem so couldn't pursue a warranty claim. Eventually I captured the event on the phone video, sent the video to the OPC........ Bingo.... Warranty claim to the tune of £1500.
Hardworkaardvark

Post by Hardworkaardvark »

Hi Alex

I did have a similar problem the first week of having the Macan. I pulled up at the entrance to a hotel then had to reverse but nothing would happen, no revs and movement. I switched off the engine, waited couple of minuets and restarted the engine. Everything was ok again. Never had the problem since.

Ald.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Arn't computers wonderful, will no doubt get even moe interesting in a driverless car when the blue screen of death appears.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yes, if in doubt, switch it off and re-boot......works in 99% of cases (and saves an £85 + VAT call-out charge! )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Is there a NFF charge from Porsche Paul?
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Spud

Post by Spud »

Happened a couple of times with Macan 1, Breakdown service came out couldn't find electrical fault so just disconnected battery, left for a couple of minutes then reconnected, as said the car rebooted just like an I phone, technology :D
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
ALEX

Post by ALEX »

Thanks for comments guys.
Have spoken to service dept at Porsche Glasgow and arranged to go in next week for a check.
Will report on any results.
Ordered August 2014 Delivery
hopefully September 2015
Code PG4CGYQ2