Merc GLC 43 AMG

All the latest Macan News and Reviews
Philp

Post by Philp »

Hi Chaps

My short list for purchase next month is a Macan GTS or a GLC 43 AMG. Merc has been out for a few months but crazy thing is there are zero reviews of the car from any car mag on the web. Also no vids apart from official Merc one on web (exhaust note sounds tasty).

Wondering if anyone's driven both and can give an objective review?

Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

There was an forum chap on here who had a GLC 43 on order, not heard a thing since....

My tuppence, nice car, bit larger, great kit, will lose a fortune, like all Mercs, especially the petrol ones. Porsche the better bet, but not perfect for all needs, bit small, but is a lovely machine. 👍😎
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Was on our list to look at but Porsche was always going to win

Have a look at the coupe version which will be at the Paris motor show next month. Does look nice.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/glc/96878/new-mercedes-amg-glc-43-coupe-to-debut-at-2016-paris-show
GTS 😀
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Wow, that looks the biz...........for a Merc. 😁
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There was a post a while back of a side by side review and I think that this is the link to that youtubie site.

There are at least two things wrong with the Merc (1) its a Merc hence looks absolutely dire (2) it will loose a shedload of cash (3) its a Merc hence badly fitted inside (4) I now want to hit my head against a wall trying to work out why anyone would even consider a Merc.

Anyway here is the link.

Oh by the way, test drive the Merc first then test drive the Macan. You will then have gotten the Merc out of your system because you will have placed a deposit on a Macan, its not the best SUV for nothing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rLP3y8PuviU
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bompey

Post by bompey »

It will go like stink and depreciate like a piano off a cliff. Expect it to halve in value over 3 years. I think there's a thread running over on piston-heads which is worth a read. I think they liked it but I would lease the merc, buy the Porsche.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Was on our list to look at but Porsche was always going to win

Have a look at the coupe version which will be at the Paris motor show next month. Does look nice.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mercedes/glc/96878/new-mercedes-amg-glc-43-coupe-to-debut-at-2016-paris-show

OMG the inside was designed on the back of a fag packet by a guy who had a skinfull on a great night out previously

I actually nearly crashed into a GLC a few weeks ago, I was getting in close in traffic to see what it was.

It looked like one of the cars our Grandson makes out of LegoCol Lamb2016-09-15 22:55:06
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Yes interior is awful. It's a Merc so you should get a big discount and it should be worth not a lot in 3 years. Ohhh and my dad has a Merc so it was never going to win ....
GTS 😀
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

As above if buying any Merc lease it. Lease company will get a mega discount to help keep the costs down.
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Looks really good. There is one white one with black accents in my local car park, it's a head turner. Don't know dimensions but imposing size in real life. As fast and powerful than GTS on paper but I'm pretty sure it won't drive as well...
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015