album covers

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
isag18

Post by isag18 »

Hello,

After updating my iPhone 6 to Ios10, album covers are not shown in the cover flow of the Pcm. In the Pcm is written "Music Library is being installed" but nothing happens. All covers shown in the PCM are black and you are unable to select a title. My dealer said it's a bug of Ios10. Did anyone has the same problem. i have already reinstalled my phone, set the Pcm to factory settings without any result.

Paul

Post by Paul »

Never install a new IOSversion until a few weeks into the release (and others have ironed out the bugs for you! )

Seriously though, pain in the backside, but there will be an IOS 10.1. something soon to resolve...
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
CSJ

Post by CSJ »

Apple car play is also causing me probs since update

My music library crashes after 15 mins, phone then starts to rapidly overheat and have to do a forced restart to get it going again. Joy!!!

This is only happening with car play and only since ios10, now happened 5 times

Have just restored phone from fresh in hope it fixes it
Macan SD - August build, 9 Sept delivery

http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDIJA42
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

+1 Paul's post, spot on. I know a very experienced Apple geek and he never upgrades to the latest anything until the bugs have been ironed out. His recommendation is not weeks, it's months! And it's always third party software that causes the problems.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Is it an apple update or PCM update that will fix it?
Agree don't upgrade to latest iOS for a few weeks especially when it's a big iOS update.
Is there a PCM update due soon?
GTS 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

10,0,2 is out.

I do not think that it is just an IOS 10 bug.

I had problems with my mp3 files and so with each album I have the Album art located in the same folder and each MP3 file has had its data file modified to point to the said Album art.

iTunes sees all the Album art and yet when the SD card is in the new Turbo I have some of the Album art not displayed.

I have yet to check if there is a way with the PCM to force the system to check with Gracenote for another copy of the Album art.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
LLL

Post by LLL »

Who cares about album art anyway? Are you looking at the album art while driving or what am I missing? Wink

I've owned iphones and ipads since way back. Always updated iOS on the day of release. Never encountered any major issues and the smaller bugs will get sorted in due course. iOS 10 is no exception and it works like a charm. Really like the new features provided with it.

Luke2016-09-25 22:17:32
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

Who cares about album art anyway? Are you looking at the album art while driving or what am I missing? Wink

Exactly.
Mine shows some but not all, and I couldn't care less.

isag18

Post by isag18 »

Thanks for all your replies.
Clap
@Luke: the problem is not only album covers. You are not able to choose a song because only a black screen is shown. I hope if the dealer is resetting the pcm problem will be solved but it is strange that i am the only one with this sort of problem.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You are paying for the Audio system and PCM

If you are paying £800 for Connect+ to get the internet connection.

Then if you are not getting album covers you are not bothering that your car is not delivering what you are paying for.

Would you soon complain if the rear windows do not move down or up after all you do not ever really have a use for them do you?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags