Little Annoying

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hoping someone can point out an easy solution;

When I park in town, I close and lock the car, keep the lock button held down for a few seconds to fold the mirrors. No problems so far.

Get back into the car and drive off but the sun-roof blind has crept forward a few inches over the rear section, presumably having started it's close sequence when the lock button was held down to fold the mirrors in.

Can I fold the mirrors in (using the key) without starting the blind close sequence or is it just one of those things?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

Pookie

Post by Pookie »

Paul, I seem to recall this being a topic on the forum some time ago, sorry can't be more specific. You could blame your wife for the hassle, as she paid for the roof
Macan SD 01/05/15
Macan GTS 01/09/16
BMW X101/11/17 :roll:
Cayman 718 bought 01/03/19
Macan 2 litre 27/08/2020
Sim_Nugget

Post by Sim_Nugget »

Only way to avoid it is to have the blind fully closed before you get out of the car!
2017 Turbo - Night Blue / Expresso
BMW M2
Sportback

Post by Sportback »

It is crazy - the wing mirrors should fold automatically and this would eliminate this glitch
SB
Macan S Diesel ordered 06/12/2014 - Locked Down 15/12/2015 - Delivered March 2016
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH5EKVU2
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It is crazy - the wing mirrors should fold automatically and this would eliminate this glitch
SB

I rarely fold the mirrors when parking so this would annoy me Confused
LLL

Post by LLL »

When I park in town, I close and lock the car, keep the lock button held down for a few seconds to fold the mirrors. No problems so far.

Get back into the car and drive off but the sun-roof blind has crept forward a few inches over the rear section, presumably having started it's close sequence when the lock button was held down to fold the mirrors in.

Can I fold the mirrors in (using the key) without starting the blind close sequence or is it just one of those things?

Simple answer: This is how it works and you can do nothing about it. And I agree it is annoying that the blind creep up closer and closer for each time. I've been annoyed with the same issue.

Only way this can be fixed is if Porsche decide to change how it works in any upcoming PCM release. Adding the auto-fold feature like they have in all Audis.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I loved the auto fold on my Audi and Golf. Easy way to visually confirm the car has locked ok.
microbe

Post by microbe »

I think I am going to find that very annoying. My mercedes has it and I find it very useful.

Does the Macan have a button on the drivers side to fold the mirrors whilst in the car?. I have to do that to get my mercedes in the garage and it will be the only way I can get the Macan in.
Porsche Macan S - www.porsche-code.com/PHH2H4S9
MacFresh

Post by MacFresh »

Exactly my experience and looked everywhere for a fix but not possible. I have giving up long pressing the key button as my blind is always opened and want to keep it this way. I now always push the button that fold the mirror every time I park. Just a habit to get used to.
Edit: also when you push that folding mirror button, you have to do it while the car still on or key on position 0/1 because if you take keys off, after 30 sec or so you cannot fold the mirror manually, another small nuisance...

MacFresh2016-09-29 11:24:02
PART X SD http://www.porsche-code.com/PHXAU6Q8 , delivered Aug16
CANCELLED GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PHCYY790 , delivery Mar17
NOW Panamera D 300hp 2015
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks guys.......first world problem really but if that's how it is then that's how it is
(and yes Pookie, I do blame the wife; it's her roof after all )
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465