newbie to this forum

New to the Porsche Macan Forums? Introduce yourself here
dragon

Post by dragon »

Hi All,
I live in Malaysia and bought a new Black Macan S Diesel in Oct 2014. Have been very pleased with it till about 2 months ago. it just refused to start one evening, it was put on a flatbed and sent to the local dealership and is still in their workshop. I was told that it was due to a faulty control module, a replacement was ordered and shipped from Germany a month ago but they had problem programming it and I was subsequently told that the replacement control module was faulty too Confused. So, another was ordered and arrived yesterday, they will try to upload the programme into it tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. I miss my car a lot. I am wondering if anyone here has had or heard of any similar issue?

Paul

Post by Paul »

Bad luck dragon, that's dissapointing .....I suppose the distance doesn't help either.
I only had my SD for 8 months and didn't experience any issues.
Fingers crossed that the second control unit works OK
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
dragon

Post by dragon »

Thanks Paul. I didn't have any problem for almost 2 years. Love the car tho.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Lets hope you get your great Macan sorted soon. Pity it has taken Porsche so long to get the problem resolved.
dragon

Post by dragon »

Lets hope you get your great Macan sorted soon. Pity it has taken Porsche so long to get the problem resolved.

Yhank you ScotMac. Hope you're enjoying your Macan.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome to the forum and so soory for your woes.

Hope it gets sorted soon
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
dragon

Post by dragon »

Yesterday I was told that the control module that was replaced in my car was the Gateway module. After replacing that, they found out that the Engine Control Module is faulty as well and they have placed an order for it and should arrive here this Saturday Confused
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Hmm, sounds like they're a little uncertain as to where this fault really is. Unfortunately car diagnostics these days seem to lead to trial and error replacement until it works! I trust it is still under warranty?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
dragon

Post by dragon »

Yes it is still under warranty but its the hassle and frustration of not having my car around. I was given a loan car, a macan 2.0. which makes me miss my car even more
dragon

Post by dragon »

It's been 70 days now. Last week I was told the culprit is the programming tool was not working and the local Porsche technical team has requested Germany to pre programme a DME to my car then ship it here to be installed to my car. I'm losing count......and running out of patience.