So VW fined a Billion Euros!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

So VW fined a Billion Euros!

Post by Mike and his Macan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:06 pm

:o
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way seats, gar/ red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy glass, compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoke pack,r/rails,p/assis. May 2018 pickup

Miopyk

Re: So VW fined a Billion Euros!

Post by Miopyk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:44 pm

= Porsche price increase
If I'm not on here I'm out in my Bright Red GTS having fun

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:31 pm

I think they will be relieved - far cheaper than it cost them in the US. From the BBC website:

How serious is this for Volkswagen?
Well, it's a big fine - €1bn is not a small sum. But it pales into insignificance compared with the fines and compensation the group has had to pay out in the US - which add up to well over €20bn
If this puts an end to criminal proceedings in Europe, VW may well think it's a relatively small price to pay. The company has consistently denied that the software fitted to its cars was actually illegal under European law. Nevertheless, it will welcome the disappearance of that particular legal threat.
VW does still face a number of civil lawsuits, brought by disgruntled car owners and shareholders. It's not clear yet what impact VW's admission of "responsibility for the diesel crisis" will have on those proceedings.
But for the moment, it's possible to imagine suits in Wolfsburg breathing a heavy sigh of relief. It could have been worse.

Rab J

Post by Rab J » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 pm

So the Americans have got lots of money, the German government have now fined/ taxed VW heavily and all the UK gets is lots of particulates from their dodgy diesels Sounds about right.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD Waiting patiently untill I can hit the warp drive button
www.porsche-code.com/PJTSYXY8

Dandock

Post by Dandock » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:38 am

Like all big corporations in similar positions they’ll have factored this in months and even a year or so ago.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Return to “Main Porsche Macan Chat”