Panoramic sunroof leak.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
aldovfr

Panoramic sunroof leak.

Post by aldovfr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:50 pm

I'm new to the forum, today, 13/09/18, but I have read previous posts on this forum re the leaking sunroof. I'm just wondering if anyone has any further info.
Hatfield PC have adjusted the mechanism in the past and now Exeter PC have had my 2015 Macan SD for nearly two weeks and are having trouble replicating what Mother Nature and the rain can do with consummate ease!
The drivers side footwell fills with water and previously posted pictures show where the water on my car also comes into the vehicle.
The wind deflector is wet and the channel fills with water so, has the mechanism been adjusted enough?
Did anyone out there previously own LM65GJV and fail to have the problem resolved?
Any new info greatly appreciated as I prefer my Macan to the loan Cayenne S. I want my car back.

aldovfr

Re: Panoramic sunroof leak.

Post by aldovfr » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:00 pm

In answer to my own question, Exeter PC have just called to say they have found the leak around the area of the drain channel and that there is a modification to resolve the issue. Parts on order plus carpet, etc. Happy days and well done to Exeter Porsche Centre.

Col Lamb

Re: Panoramic sunroof leak.

Post by Col Lamb » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Welcome.

Surprizing it took Exeter so long, it is not the first time this fault has been posted within a Macan forum.
Col
Macan Turbo, Met Blk, Spyders, Air, ACC, Pano, Garnet, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Spare Wheel plus a few other goodies.
Prior Macan SD similar spec to Turbo

Return to “Issues & Technical”