Panoramic sunroof leak.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
andreas

Post by andreas »

Loffree wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 am
The garage I took it to, snipped off the ends of the rubber and said there was loads of gunk in one of the tubes. I was hopeful this meant this problem was fixed but a few days later there was a puddle in the near side footwells.
Did they snip the front drains as well as the rear drains? Do you mean front footwell, rear footwell or both?

I'm worried that a roof rack left on for sometime has sort of pushed the rails apart and done some sort of damage. Hopefully not but this is when the problem started.
A roof rack wouldn't make any difference.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

andreas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:38 am
Loffree wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 am I'm worried that a roof rack left on for sometime has sort of pushed the rails apart and done some sort of damage. Hopefully not but this is when the problem started.
.......unless you had 5 tons of something on it!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Loffree wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:15 am
MooseMiller wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:58 am
Loffree wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 am ....The garage I took it to, snipped off the ends of the rubber and said there was loads of gunk in one of the tubes. I was hopeful this meant this problem was fixed but a few days later there was a puddle in the near side footwells....
Does your rear washer work?
Hi MM, it does work, but I haven't really used it too much recently. What are you thinking?
There is a huge thread on washer pipe leakage with fluid accumulating in rear footwells. I'm not saying it is this but worth crossing off your list of candidates.

We could do with more specifics: Which footwells? What did the garage 'snip'. Front / Rear/ Both?
Edit: Sorry andreas, just seen that you have asked the same question
Loffree

Post by Loffree »

andreas wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:38 am
The garage I took it to, snipped off the ends of the rubber and said there was loads of gunk in one of the tubes. I was hopeful this meant this problem was fixed but a few days later there was a puddle in the near side footwells.
Did they snip the front drains as well as the rear drains? Do you mean front footwell, rear footwell or both?

I'm worried that a roof rack left on for sometime has sort of pushed the rails apart and done some sort of damage. Hopefully not but this is when the problem started.

Good to get the reassurances regarding the roof rack.

The footwell in the passenger seat and the footwell in the rear seat directly behind the passenger seat are drenched.

I believe they snipped the drains, but I will double check with them as to which ones they did.

thumbnail_Image.jpg

Loffree

Post by Loffree »

MooseMiller wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:52 am
MooseMiller wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:58 am
Does your rear washer work?
Hi MM, it does work, but I haven't really used it too much recently. What are you thinking?
There is a huge thread on washer pipe leakage with fluid accumulating in rear footwells. I'm not saying it is this but worth crossing off your list of candidates.

We could do with more specifics: Which footwells? What did the garage 'snip'. Front / Rear/ Both?
It appears the rear washer is not working, I will try and find that thread!
MooseMiller

Post by MooseMiller »

Loffree wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:01 am
MooseMiller wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:52 am

It appears the rear washer is not working, I will try and find that thread!
Make a cup of tea. Sit down comfortably, and have a look viewtopic.php?t=12897
All 65 pages of it :D
Loffree

Post by Loffree »

I thought I had it fixed and it was sat outside all of yesterday in the terrible rain and when I went out after work, the footwells were dry. This was after the scuttle tray (pardon my spelling) was taken out and it was cleaned out underneath.

This morning, both footwells are wet again - not as bad as before but wet nonetheless. My car was parked overnight on my driveway pointing upwards on a severe slope - I'm wondering if the slope might have something to do with it...
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I imagine if the slope is significant and the rain too sod all will go down the front drains and the rears will be inundated. They aren't huge outlets and are probably only designed to cope with a dribble that gets past the rubber surround. I wonder if slathering that with petroleum jelly would do any good...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
monir@me.com

Post by monir@me.com »

Started seeing some water in my footwell and depending on where I parked (slope) it was either in passenger or drivers side so started to explore and took some photos.

Look slike its dripping from behind the air bag near the head which I assume is coming from the sunroof tray. Check the drain holes and they are all clear. Found the wind deflector was very wet and water was trapped there. My best guess is that the seals have aged and a small gap has appeard and with sitting water (clope) its seeping in more that the drain in the corner can handle.

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1127.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Wow, that doesnt look good - how old is your Macan?
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose