Panoramic sunroof leak.

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
mikegally

Post by mikegally »

Simmytt wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:51 am Well I have adjusted my roof and after all the rain we have had lately I am happy to report all is dry, so going to put my neck on the block and say it is fixed. This is how I did it and it worked for me.
Open roof just a couple of inches.
From inside the car have a look at the sliding mechanism, just pull the rubber seal down a little and you will see 2 torx bolts , carry on looking and you will see another pair of bolts, rhs mirrors lhs, hopefully you have now located all 8 bolts. What you are trying to accomplish is moving the glass forward by a mm or so. So loosen all 8 bolts , you only need to break the bolt and then half a turn, then pull/push the roof forward then tighten the bolts, close the roof, if you have moved the roof to far forward then the roof will not close and will go into tilt mode, I think this is a safety feature, it is obvious that you have gone to far forward, just undo the bolts and adjust and try again, once you are happy that the roof is closing tightly on the front rubber seals you need to give the outside some attention, get a straight edge, I used a plastic window packer, lay it onto the roof to check the glass is level with the roof, you can adjust one corner at a time by undoing the pair of bolts and pushing up/down on the glass and then nip up the bolts, it will make more sense when you start doing the job.
Hi, am I right in saying your approach was to tweak the sunroof position so the 'seals' prevent as much rain water as possible from getting into the channels in the first place ? meaning the channels are not overwhelmed...meaning the main channel and drain can deal with the limited water that gets past the roof seals....meaning the inner winder deflector channel no longer gets wet.

This makes some sense.
A few months down the line are you still dry ?

Simmytt

Post by Simmytt »

Correct, and yes wind baffle is still dry, I think the wet baffle is the tell tale sign things are wrong.
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

In the 5 years of owning my car - I never had any leakage and drainage issues.
After many stories I have heard about the terrible leakages and blocked drainages, I thought I would I'm gonna play safe and pay the OPC to check the sunroof drainage in my 6th year servicing in April 2023. They charged me £180+VAT for the check.

What do you know!! last week it rained and my passenger footwell totally drenched - buckets of water inside.

Should've saved myself £180 + VAT and maybe I wouldn't had any issues!!!

Called OPC and told them the issue - they told me that the check and fix would take around 2 weeks.

Fine, so get me a loan car - not available until August! :o

crazy.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Why would the check and fix take around 2 weeks? That's gonna be a huge bill if that's correct!

Don't they just blow/flush the drains out?
Macan S MY 2023
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Buckets of water, that doesn’t sound very good. So once they checked the drains in April, is there a period where they guarantee that you won’t have any issues and as such is the 2 week repair being done under a warranty? I think I already know the answer. 2 weeks sounds like a long time.are they going to remove seats and carpet?
Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

Yes, they said they need to strip the car to see if the water has damaged some foam and wirings.
Ive extended my warranty so it should be covered.
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Quite annoying when you had no issues before the "porsche check" .
Deleted User 5763

Post by Deleted User 5763 »

Greddyuk wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:42 am Yes, they said they need to strip the car to see if the water has damaged some foam and wirings.
Ive extended my warranty so it should be covered.
I wonder what would have happened if you didn’t have the extended warranty? What I take from your experience is that there is no point in having the OPC carry out drainage checks, you may as well save your money, do it yourself and pray nothing starts leaking. I will be removing the drain line end caps when mine arrives. I am still questioning my sanity in choosing the pano. Good luck with the repairs.
Mhoey1974

Post by Mhoey1974 »

Mine started leaking same wet roof lining and drivers floor.so years ago I had a golf gti with sunroof issues and I put Vaseline on rubber left it on as it swells the rubber for a day or so then removed Vaseline .then put silicone grease on stopped leaking .so i did the some with my macan worked a treat never leaked since..
Loffree

Post by Loffree »

Hi guys, my 20 plate Macan S has a leak in the footwells of the nearside. I took mine into an independent garage and they unblocked the channels but this morning I woke up to the problem again. Over the summer I left a roof rack on there for about 3 months. Could this have caused a problem?