Macan S ordered today

All your ordering information here!
Neil1911
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Neil1911 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:36 pm

Fusion, I felt the same and confirmed my order on return of the demo after a 24 test. That was 28 March, unfortunately due to an "IT" problem Sheffield PC didn't get it through before the factory closed off orders for the May build the following day, so I'll have wait until July for delivery. 😭

I see you spec'd the Traffic Jam Assist, do you know how much use that is? I tested a car without that and found the adaptive CC did everything I wanted in a queue, including following the car in front at walking speeds and stopping when it did. I therefore deleted that option just keeping the ACC and the Power Steering Plus, although that might be a waste of £185 when I'm already paying for gym membership!


Stanley246
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Stanley246 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Ianst...Strange that when I click on the link it shows me old and new prices


pmg
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by pmg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm

Stanley246 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Ianst...Strange that when I click on the link it shows me old and new prices
I see both and I assume they are showing the difference between model year 2018 and model year 2019 for Australia!!


Fusion1966
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Fusion1966 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:41 pm

I had the traffic same assist equivalent on my Q7 a few years ago and given the stop start motoring in rush hour and sometimes kids in the back I found it helped reduce my risk of accidents when not entirely concentrating

These options are very personal and my priority or at least one of them is safety hence my selection

I’ve revised my spec as I’ve added a few small bits and pieces. I think I’m now happy with my choices

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKB3ZBA3


Stanley246
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:58 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Stanley246 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 am

pmg wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm
Stanley246 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Ianst...Strange that when I click on the link it shows me old and new prices
I see both and I assume they are showing the difference between model year 2018 and model year 2019 for Australia!!
So awaiting my 2019 S (built March 20 this year) and clicked on my build number and it had automatically changed showing the revised pricing , also when viewing the car the site now features the car in a landscape setting ?


T4LGO
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by T4LGO » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 pm

Stanley246 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:57 am
pmg wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm
Stanley246 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 pm
Ianst...Strange that when I click on the link it shows me old and new prices
I see both and I assume they are showing the difference between model year 2018 and model year 2019 for Australia!!
So awaiting my 2019 S (built March 20 this year) and clicked on my build number and it had automatically changed showing the revised pricing , also when viewing the car the site now features the car in a landscape setting ?
Revised pricing ?
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9


Fusion1966
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Fusion1966 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:40 pm

So has anyone who ordered at the same time as me had any sort of update yet?

Not a dickie bird from my OPC so far


rosino
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by rosino » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 am

pjt1000 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:38 am
I have 21 inch wheels with PASM and even on poor roads the ride is very comfortable. I didn't think air was necessary and was concerned about reliability over time.
I also went for PASM + 21’ in the end. I would have gone 20’ but really didn’t like any of the wheels offered and the price was the same as the 21’.

This review is the first I encounter where it mentions pasm + 21’ as to harsh. So slightly worried now... although forum experiences look more positive.



Jump to minute 17h40s. Review of 2.0 PASM + RS wheels.

That said I come from i3 and GT3 combo. I doubt it can be much harsher than these :-)


User avatar
Pivot
Posts: 641
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by Pivot » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:01 am

Don’t take Journo reports too seriously. Best journos often major in literature rather than engineering. I see YouTube reviews as an entertainment industry, they all want to be the next Clarkson or Johnson (yes, Boris did try his hand in car reviews in his past)

Read the reviews then go and ride the thing for yourself. I am a little miffed that I didn’t get the Porsche track experience, before I finalised the specs of my car. I am certain that I would have specced diff wheels.
Macan S gen II, 435i Coupe, RnineT


JJW023
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:28 pm

Re: Macan S ordered today

Post by JJW023 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 am

In terms of the Porsche Experience day, I had mine on 8th April. However I was only contacted as I had called up the Silverstone centre myself on the advice of Col. They said normally it is automatically generated after deposit placed etc (so before order lockdown), but in this case they said were not able to as they did not have any Macan S cars (facelift) to be used. The first day was 8th April that they took delivery.


Post Reply

Return to “Order Forum”