6cyl 718 GTS's announced

The place to discuss everything else..
User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8167
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Paul » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:28 am

....that might be just my fushia polo shirt and .....😊
1st Sapphire Blue SD
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1986

Current Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296


User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 14462
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm

The 4-cylinder turbo-charged 718 GTS has disappeared from the configurator. Not surprised really, when you can have this with the GT4 engine...

irisAYCJKJPZ.jpg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4


User avatar
Semerka
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Semerka » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:58 pm

My current winner: :D

iris.jpg

Our stable:
- 991.2 Carrera S (2016) in Rhodium Silver with full Bordeaux leather interior
- 718 Cayman GTS (2018) in GT Silver with Crayon GTS interior
- ex: Macan S Diesel (MY2016), Macan Turbo (MY2017)


Tracky
Posts: 382
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Tracky » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm
The 4-cylinder turbo-charged 718 GTS has disappeared from the configurator. Not surprised really, when you can have this with the GT4 engine...
I looked this morning and it was old one!
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)


pmg
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by pmg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Tracky wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm
Wing Commander wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm
The 4-cylinder turbo-charged 718 GTS has disappeared from the configurator. Not surprised really, when you can have this with the GT4 engine...
I looked this morning and it was old one!
The change was made before I looked at 10am
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8


happy days
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:33 pm
Location: Warrenpoint, N Ireland

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by happy days » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm

I managed to get to over £75k without trying...

No PDK available?
Macan S D
718 S


User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 14462
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:17 pm

happy days wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:53 pm
I managed to get to over £75k without trying...

No PDK available?
I think that PDK will follow in due course, subject to demand... :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4


User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 14462
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:31 pm

.
https://www.evo.co.uk/sports-cars/202115/porsche-ditches-four-cylinder-for-flat-six-in-cayman-and-boxster-gts

Evo says the 2.5 turbocharged GTS 718 models have been dropped in favour of the new 4.0 models.

2A409D39-07C0-4E2F-95DD-2F4B719681E9.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4


pmg
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by pmg » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:11 pm

Wing Commander wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:31 pm
.
https://www.evo.co.uk/sports-cars/202115/porsche-ditches-four-cylinder-for-flat-six-in-cayman-and-boxster-gts

Evo says the 2.5 turbocharged GTS 718 models have been dropped in favour of the new 4.0 models.
Certainly no longer on configurator
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8


User avatar
VanB
Posts: 3676
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: 6cyl 718 GTS's announced

Post by VanB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm

That looks like a very compelling option and I suspect you could easily get more out of the engine if needed!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate


Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”