PS+ : So glad I did it.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GWL

Post by GWL »

I've had my 2014 (MY2015) Macan Turbo for about a year now and I've always thought the steering a bit heavy.
I've read through many posts on the subject of Power Steering Plus - seems to be a bit of a Marmite thing - some hate it, some love it - so I was a bit uncertain whether to get it retrofitted or not.

Anyway, last week while my Macan was in Porsche Guildford having the driver's door mirror repaired (after being hit by a low-flying white van :evil: ) I decided to get PS+ "retrofitted". Cost was £299 inc VAT.
Looking at the cost breakdown, this effectively consisted of £180 for the PS+ (= cost on configurator) and £119 labour for coding it.

All I can say is I'm so glad I got it done - the car is so much easier to drive - I feel it has transformed the driving experience tremendously. Parking, turning, negotiating roundabouts, etc is so much better. I feel I have much more control over the steering and I've fallen in love with the car all over again :lol:
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i

Leesparky

Post by Leesparky »

GWL wrote:I've had my 2014 (MY2015) Macan Turbo for about a year now and I've always thought the steering a bit heavy.
I've read through many posts on the subject of Power Steering Plus - seems to be a bit of a Marmite thing - some hate it, some love it - so I was a bit uncertain whether to get it retrofitted or not.

Anyway, last week while my Macan was in Porsche Guildford having the driver's door mirror repaired (after being hit by a low-flying white van :evil: ) I decided to get PS+ "retrofitted". Cost was £299 inc VAT.
Looking at the cost breakdown, this effectively consisted of £180 for the PS+ (= cost on configurator) and £119 labour for coding it.

All I can say is I'm so glad I got it done - the car is so much easier to drive - I feel it has transformed the driving experience tremendously. Parking, turning, negotiating roundabouts, etc is so much better. I feel I have much more control over the steering and I've fallen in love with the car all over again :lol:
Totally agree. Steering was way too stiff at slower driving speeds. Got mine done a couple of months ago at Reading Porsche on my Macan SD and has made a big difference :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Thanks for posting - have been following as am thinking of having my SD retrofitted.

Out of interest, has anyone had PS+ fitted and not been happy with the results?
Guy

Post by Guy »

I think the perception of steering weight depends greatly on what other cars you are driving. I used to think that the Macan was quite light despite the lack of PS+, but our previous car was a 15 year old Mk4 Golf! Nowadays, if I drive the Macan after my wife's Duster it feels quite heavy, but the feeling wears off after a couple of miles.

I think I remember someone on the forum having PS+ removed - will have a look.

EDIT: Here: https://www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3846&start=30#p86082
ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

Thanks Guy, helpful indeed
Guy

Post by Guy »

No problem. Also, on the US Macan Forum there used to be a lot of discussion about PS+. Basically, I think it was fitted as standard over in the US, hence the perceived 'enhancement' was to remove it ;)
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

I had PS+ fitted when I bought the car after test driving examples with and without it. For me, it was an absolute must after coming to the Macan from cars with super-light systems.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the upgrade too OP!
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have PS plus, but what does it do? Mine was fitted since new, so nothing to compare to.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.