2020 GTS - Minor Tech issue

Technical Forum for the Porsche Macan
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Thanks to all on the battery ideas.

I removed a CR2032 and replaced with teh same. Over 1 week now and all still well :) after I bent the pins up

Not heard of the keyless protector, sounds interesting - have you got a link and is it something you have - work well?
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Porsche ‘keyless’ keys switch off when remote from the car thereby preventing remote transmission thefts. This means a keyless protector or Faraday pouch is unnecessary.

Thatcham awarded the Macan their top rating for relay theft security in 2019.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Thanks for the info - I didn’t know that and wondering why it’s not something Porsche advertise - like on the configurator when you select the info option?? Google searches for this superior rating don’t give a Porsche link – strange.

Seems like there are many on here that don’t go with keyless entry due to possible relay thefts etc. I decided to go with this option and store in a metal key box to prevent relay of the signal - looks like it’s not required for the Macan - not sure if it is also on the Cayman (2019) as I can’t find that.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)
RAA

Post by RAA »

kmacuk wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:01 pm Thanks to all on the battery ideas.

I removed a CR2032 and replaced with teh same. Over 1 week now and all still well :) after I bent the pins up

Not heard of the keyless protector, sounds interesting - have you got a link and is it something you have - work well?
I'm not sure how to provide a link for the 'Keyless Protector', but the website is https://keylessprotector.com. (and email address is biuro@keylessprotector.com): it is a Polish company, but they speak English. You can buy them on Amazon for £144: I did buy one last year for my 2019 Macan S, and found it mostly worked OK, but sometimes I had to tap several times before the door would open.

The sales guy at my OPC said that the outgoing key fob signal constantly changes frequency, so thieves copying it wouldn't be able to steal the car: but he didn't say anything about key fobs switching off when remote from the car (see Nuclear Nick's post).